KOMO News reported yesterday that a Lake Stevens dog died after eating rat poison.
The owner doesn’t know if his dog, a 90 pound doberman/lab mix named Diesel, ate food that was laced with rat poison but his dog died 14 hours after 2 dogs near Arlington ate meatballs containing rat poison someone put in their yard.
Adam Roylance, Diesel’s owner, believes the 2 incidents are connected because those dogs lived about 10 minutes from his house.
“I want to prosecute him,” Roylance told Lake Stevens Police. “I want to catch him. He needs to pay for what he did to my family.”
In the meantime, if you live in Snohomish County, please check your yard carefully before letting out your dog, especially in the morning when you let them out the first time.
Rest in Peace, Diesel.