Furever Homes Can’t Keep Track of Its Dogs
Last year I wrote that Furever Homes Dog Rescue had more that 100 incident reports at Joint Animal Services (JAS) in Lacey, WA since from 2010-2015. Some of the reports were for stray dogs that escaped from the rescue and turned into JAS by people that found them.
Earlier this month I requested Furever Homes’ incident reports for 2016, and they show that the rescue and its founder Sharon Gold continued to lose dogs.
According to reports from 2016 Furever Homes:
- Nine dogs escaped
- One of the dogs escaped three times in two months
- One of the dogs was found dead (cause of death wasn’t listed)
Losing Dogs is Inexcusable
I understand that no dog rescue is perfect, but for a dog rescue to allow nine dogs to escape over the course of a year is inexcusable.
It also confirms once again that Furever Homes is a poorly run, irresponsible dog rescue group that potential dog adopters should avoid.
Here is a list of all the rescue lost that were turned into JAS in 2016:
1/25 – A stray terrier mix bit a woman after she stepped between it and her 3-year-old son.
6/11 – Dachshund mix found running along Yelm Highway
6/11 – Schnauzer mix found running along Yelm Highway (with Dachshund mix)
7/14 – Chihuahua mix named Cocoa found on Brassfield Rd. SE
7/22 – Cocoa escapes again and turned into JAS
8/18 – Cocoa escapes for the third time in a month and left at JAS for six days before Sharon Gold picked her up
9/13 – Irish terrier mix found on Boulevard
9/13 – Poodle/terrier mix found on Boulevard (with Irish Terrier mix)
10/3 – Terrier that escaped from Furever Homes found dead on Cooper Pt. Rd. NW
11/10 – Terrier mix found on Yelm Highway
12/12 – Dachshund mix named Liz found running in traffic on Yelm Highway
Dogs rarely, if ever escape from legitimate, well-run rescues. Having 9 dogs escape in a year is inconceivable and irresponsible.
If you want to learn more about this irresponsible dog rescue click on these links:
- Fire Kills 18 Dogs at Furever Homes Dog Rescue Near Tumwater
- Furever Homes Dog Rescue: 100+ cases with Thurston County Animal Control since 2010
- After 3+ months, Furever Homes dog rescue still has too many dogs
- Judge issues restraining order against Furever Homes rescue director Sharon Gold
- Thurston County cracks down on Furever Homes Dog Rescue
- Furever Homes rescue is operating in violation of Thurston County codes
- Furever Homes rescue illegally brought puppies from Mexico into Washington
- Thurston County dog rescue turns military family’s fostering experience into a nightmare
- Washington state’s animal cruelty laws are a joke