Seattle area animal advocates will have an opportunity to sharpen their skills and learn new techniques for finding homes for pets next month at a free conference hosted by the Seattle Animal Shelter.
The Business of Saving Lives Conference will be held on August 12 from 9 AM – 5:30 PM at the Seattle Center Pavilion. It’s presented by the Helen Woodward Animal Center in Rancho Santa Fe, CA and Blue Buffalo pet food.
The Conference will be let by Mike Arms, an internationally-acclaimed animal welfare expert and the Center’s President and CEO. A few of his staff will lead sessions as well.
The Business of Saving Lives offers brand new ways to look at animal welfare, marketing, social media, fundraising and more, and explores how these concepts can breathe life into adoption programs that are outdated and killing millions of domestic animals annually.
The one-day workshop will include:
- An informative and inspirational session with Mike Arms targeted at adapting policies to meet the changing needs of the animals and the community.
- A team of experts providing:
- Concrete and proven fundraising methods to build donor bases and diversify fundraising strategies.
- Creative, out-of-the-box public relations techniques to get media attention with little-to-no-cost.
- Social media best practices to engage an online audience through excellent online customer service, helpful to-do’s and creative content .
- A special catered lunch sponsored by Blue Buffalo.
Animal advocates and rescues shouldn’t miss the opportunity to attend this conference. Mike Alms is widely recognized as one of the key change agents responsible for introducing creative, innovative techniques for running animal shelters, raising money, improving pet adoption rates, and using social media.
I’ve heard Mike speak before, and he is a riveting orator. His stories about his work to save animals will not just make you both laugh and cry (be sure to bring a hanky) – they will inspire you as well.
If you want to attend the Business of Saving Lives Conference, please RSVP Stephanie Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, August 3rd, 2015.