Earlier this week the Seattle Humane Society announced it is now accepting applications for the Seattle Humane’s Humane Teen Club (HTC), a junior volunteer and teen development program designed especially for young adults 13-17 years old with an interest in becoming a shelter volunteer before the age of 18.
Through HTC teens learn about animal care and welfare, helping animals on our campus, meeting other teens with similar interests, and exploring animal related careers. In addition, teens hone their public speaking and leadership skills to help them become civic-minded, responsible volunteers and representatives of Seattle Humane.
Humane Teen Club meets two Saturdays each month from Sept. – May to celebrate and explore the power of animal companionship and the importance and benefits of the human-animal bond.
• Teens must have an interest in animal welfare, protection, and companionship.
• Teens must be able to work both independently and in groups.
• Teens must be at least 13, and no older than 17 years of age by the first meeting.
• Teens must complete, submit an application AND attend a mandatory informational session.
• Teens must have a positive and respectful attitude towards each other, staff, volunteers and animals.
Seattle Humane is now accepting applications for this fun, informative and interactive program. The application deadline is Aug. 26 and space is limited to 40 members based on the strength of their application essays.
There is an enrollment fee of $250. This fee covers program costs and a teen volunteer t-shirt.
Learn more and find the application here. Scholarships are available.