At dog in Battle Ground, WA died after eating garlic bread laced with rat poison that someone put in its
yard. Another dog ate the rat poison but fortunately survived.
Here is a message posted on Facebook tonight by Stephanie Ellie explaining what happened:
“We are asking for our communities help. Yesterday our beloved pets were poisoned at our home. Someone wrapped rat poison inside of garlic bread with rubber bands and threw it over our fence. Our 9 year old son found it and we didn’t believe the dogs had gotten any until in the middle of lunch our precious Brigit began violently seizing on the floors in front of our 7,8,9 and 15 year old. Her and our dog Wolfgar were rushed to the vet but they were not able to save Brigit. We are beyond traumatized but thankful that our children remain safe and that no smaller neighborhood children found these poison sandwiches. We are asking for your help in bringing the horrible person to justice. We live off 391st St in Amboy.”
If you have any information about who did this please send a message to Ms. Elie through her Facebook page.